Frequently Asked Questions
How to contact us
Where is SFX Translated located?
How is the price determined?
The price is determined based on the complexity of the vocabulary used, the language combination and the number of words in the source file.
The price is also personalised to suit your needs.
SFX Translated is the only agency to present its quote in the form of three distinct solutions:
- The Premium Solution is the option our clients select most frequently. It includes translation and proofreading of the document by two translators who are native in the target language. This means that if the text needs to be translated into English, it is English-speaking translators who translate and proofread the file.
- The Basic Solution gives you a translation by a translator who is native in the target language. This package does not include extra proofreading and may be ideal in case of an urgent order.
- The OptimumSolution includes translation and two reviews of the document, performed by three translators who are native in the target language.
Quotes are free and sent in just a few hours!
Does a low-cost translation mean a poor-quality translation?
No. A translation may be more expensive because the vocabulary used is more complex or specific to an industry, which will require more working time. As a result, a lower cost does not reflect the quality of the translation.
How can I pay?
- In cash
- By bank transfer
- By PayPal
Who is part of the SFX Translated team?
François-Xavier Pâque manages SFX Translated and carries out administrative, accounting and human resources tasks. To help with the day-to-day management of the company, he is assisted by a dynamic team of project managers and translators: Virginie Labeye, Robin Snoeckx, Catherine Deflandre and Amelia Piazza. SFX Translated also relies on a network of more than 2,000 professional translators from the four corners of the globe. Each one has their own strengths and we always select the translator most suited to your request.
What document formats do you accept?
.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .html, .pages, .rtf, .txt, .psd, .ppt, .pptx, .inx, .idml, etc.
How can I request a quote?
You can submit your request either by email or via our interfaceWe will send you a quote by email with a suggested delivery date and the cost.
What services does SFX Translated offer?
In addition to professional translation, we offer a wide range of services from subtitling to interpreting, not to mention proofreading, post-editing, transcription, education and terminology research.
What style of document can be translated?
• We work with translators who:
– are professionals;
– have passed tests before working with our company;
– are native in the target language, which means they always translate into their mother tongue.
• Regular satisfaction surveys are carried out to ensure maximum satisfaction for our clients. We think it is essential to provide you with a document that meets your needs.
• Clients such as Liège Airport, Belgacom, 4M Europe, Oxfam and MDX Health put their faith in us.
What style of document can be translated?
Anything can be translated. We entrust projects to qualified translators with expertise in the subject matter of the documents that need to be translated.
Here are some examples of the types of documents we can translate, arranged by sector:
- Technical: engineering texts, technical instructions, specifications, instructions for use, patents, manuals, nomenclature, protocols, research projects, internal memos, minutes, etc.
- Medical: pharmaceutical documents, registration procedures, marketing, instructions, packaging, marketing authorisations, medical reports and files, regulatory texts, clinical trials, expert publications, etc.
- Legal: formal notices, mandates and powers of attorney, sale or rental agreements, expertise reports, summons, articles of association and regulations, contracts, rulings, etc.
What if there is a problem with the translation you provide?
The project managers can be contacted by email or phone and will answer any questions you may have. We are careful to follow-up with our clients to ensure maximum satisfaction, so We want our clients to be satisfied and we can be contacted even after delivery of the work provided.
How do you know if you need a sworn translation?
- If you are explicitly asked for one;
- If it is an official document for a Belgian or foreign public department (municipality, VAT office, work permit, overseas placement, etc.).
How do we proceed in the case of a sworn translation?
SFX Translated takes care of everything!
Our sworn translators translate the document you provide and legalise it by adding their stamp and signature. You just need to carry out any procedures with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs if the document is intended for use outside Belgium.